Monday, October 8, 2012

Edited and Unpredicted.

EDIT FOR STARBUCKS ENTRY:

Last week I had to go into Starbucks for paperwork. This was good and well because I again received another free drink and also was able to practice my Sherlock Holmes skills.

Photo Credit: Google Images
Did I know I had these skills? Yes and no. I went through a 2-year phase as a child in which I was Harriet the Spy. So I knew the skills were in me somewhere, but I wasn't sure I could bring them back to life. Watching NCIS and Bones must have reactivated them.

Back to the story... the manager and I were in the back room going through forms when I was given the list of my coworkers. A couple names were whited-out and new names were written instead. The explanation? Some people had nicknames they went by in the store and that was what I was to call them. I was cool with that, but I was also curious. So I looked at the manager's version of the list across the desk and counted down the names to the one which was missing on my own paper. BAM! The given name to my coworker was the correct gender of what I called them originally.

In that moment I felt vindicated yet distracted because I don't remember what the manager was saying to me while I played my "scan the desk" game. Twas of no matter though because I decided not to take the job :0

I would have had to open the store, which meant starting my shift at 4 am. I used to have to be at my old job at 6 am and I was not willing to do that again or at least nothing earlier than that. Also, a week went by before I began working so I lost my nerve to do a job I had been opposed to originally.
-------------------

Back to square one, but not totally!

My awesome professor gave me an older Mac computer which I am setting up to use for writing. No internet, no distractions. This is super encouraging. When I write my novel on it I can holla at him for giving me the goods to begin.

We are bound to make some mistakes. Take a turn down a road and realize we're out of gas and have to go back. I don't feel like I cut myself short in not taking this job because I went with my gut and I trust that.

Photo Credit: Google Images
However, I will miss the endless free coffee that I never got to drink.

1 comment:

  1. Ah I love it. I recently alsoo just quit a part-time job that I thought would be worth it just for the extra money and such but it totally wasn't.

    ReplyDelete