Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Leap & build your wings on the way down

I'm starting to take my first steps into a world outside of school. This blog is one of those steps. I plan on taking this era of my life by storm, so watch out for falling branches.

I have yet to have a job... or even a resume for that matter. HOWEVER, I think about having both ;] But I am trying to make little goals that I can actually accomplish. For example, writing a creative piece once a week and keeping up with running now that I actually have the time, energy, and abilities that God has graced me with.

The first step towards Actual Adult Land is finding an appropriate format for my resume --> putting that baby together --> concocting a slammin' cover letter --> putting my portfolio together --> and pressing send and hoping for the best. Also, this is for internships rather than jobs because unfortunately I have no experience but I cannot wait to get out there and starting soaking some up... because it seems as if everyone else already has been doing so...

The weird part is looking for a job now and realizing this is all I need. That is to say, I've always had school and a job for years now; my last semester at Millersville being the worst because of it. I took 6 classes and worked 6:45-3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays waiting tables. I was exhausted and went months without a day off. Also, I may have been the most anger prone human being in the world; i.e. pulling up plants on campus and knocking over signs that you stick in the ground, whoops. So I also admit to being lackadaisical (phew tough word to spell!) these past Summer months. Anddd also I admit to slacking on my goals of relearning piano and Spanish. But a girl's gotta watch Grey's Anatomy and lay in the sun, right?!

I wanna go big... but here is to turning off the TV and starting small!

4 comments:

  1. Yay Bridge! I'm so proud of you for doing this! I've put this page in my bookmarks bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never saw you as angry, just solid and competent. If I were in a position to hire you I would do so in a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "signs that you stick in the ground" are called yard signs. just an fyi. but awesome! Also, I happen to know someone with 7 years experience working in a copy center, ya know, where people get resumes made. I'll make a layout for you! :)

    ReplyDelete